OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND PRIZES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. This contest is open to all legal residents of the continental United States, who, as of the drawing date, are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Constituents may enter more than one pet in the contest separately. Pets who have previously won a spot in any Salty Dog Real Estate Group calendar are ineligible. Pictures with people in the foreground or background will not be considered, unless this portion can be cropped out before final printing of the calendar. Entrants who cannot provide reproducible photos will not be considered. Employees of Salty Dog Real Estate Group and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. Salty Dog Real Estate Group is not responsible for contest form failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winner must be in compliance with all contest rules.
3. Method of Entry. The contest begins Thursday, September 26, 2019 and ends Wednesday October 24, 2019. Each entry must include a valid e-mail address. No contribution is necessary to enter or win.
4. Photos. Images must be .gif, .jpg, or .png files. Recommendations for best quality photos include: use 300 dpi at a minimum size of 3 x 5 inches (900 x 1,500 pixels) and set at its highest quality. Pictures with people in the foreground or background will not be considered, unless this portion can be cropped out before final printing of the calendar. Entrants who cannot provide reproducible photos will not be considered.
5. Selection of winners. Entries will be pulled from the contest entries. Twelve (12) "pet of the month" winners will be selected by votes. Each of these twelve pet winners will get to select the animal charity to send their respective funds to. Monies raised will be divided equally among the twelve charities selected.
6. Voting. One comment per person per day please. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted shall be determined by Salty Dog Real Estate Group in its sole discretion, and reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
7. Prize. Twelve (12) winners will have their pet’s photo represented in the 2020 Calendar. (The month the photo will be represented in the 2020 Calendar may be randomly selected.) Monetary value of this prize package is $0.00.
Pet winners will select a charity of their choice to send calendar proceeds to. Monies raised will be divided equally among the twelve charities selected.
8. Photo Release. Contest participants may be asked to email original pictures in order to have the highest resolution possible for printing. Participants grant Salty Dog Real Estate Group the right to use their name and submitted photo in advertising and promoting the contest without further compensation.
9. Participation. All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in Salty Dog Real Estate Group’s sole discretion. Salty Dog Real Estate Group is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete email or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Salty Dog Real Estate Group. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Salty Dog Real Estate Group. Salty Dog Real Estate Group reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Salty Dog Real Estate Group. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Salty Dog Real Estate Group which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Salty Dog Real Estate Group reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Salty Dog Real Estate Group reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
10. Limitations of Liability/Disputes. By entering the contest, entrants agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved through mediation. If the claim is not resolved, the dispute will be submitted to arbitration in accordance with the Expedited Procedures of the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Rules for claims less than $10,000. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. Any damage award shall be limited to entrants actual out of pocket expenses. By entering the contest all, entrants waive any and all rights individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event to recover attorney’s fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses. Entrants warrant that the photograph submitted is original, that entrant is the sole owner and copyright holder of that photograph, and that entrant has not granted exclusive rights of that photograph to any other person or entity. Entrants also warrant that the photograph does not depict harm done to, or cruelty to, the pet; does not invade the right of privacy of any individual; does not infringe any trademark, trade name, trade secret, intellectual property right, or other common law or statutory right; nor does it contain any material that otherwise violates any criminal prohibition or the personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Winner(s) will be responsible for any taxes on the value of the prize. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook or Instagram page and not to Facebook or Instagram.
11. Grant of Rights. With regard to any image or content submitted, Entrant agrees to grant the Salty Dog Real Estate Group, its legal representatives, successors, and assigns, the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish, and distribute the photograph, or any portion thereof, throughout the world, in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any other method or device of reproduction, publication, and distribution known or later developed, and without notification or payment, in connection with the 2020 Calendar Casting Call Contest.
12. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any Contestant and Salty Dog Real Estate Group, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
13. General Release. By entering the contest, entrants release Salty Dog Real Estate Group and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
14. Sponsor. The 2020 Calendar Casting Call Contest is sponsored by Salty Dog Real Estate Group, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Salty Dog Real Estate Group will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the contest.